Job Opportunity - Post-Doc in Land-Use Changes to work in Azores and Madrid
- July 26th, 2011
- Print Article
Azorean Biodiversity Group (University of Azores, Portugal) is opening a Postdoctoral position to study the dynamics of soil and canopy arthropod communities under land-use changes.
The research should also enhance understanding how land use change have affected arthropod functional diversity and body-size frequency distribution and make projections about possible future trajectories. It is also expected to quantify the ecosystem services of arthropods in the different Land-Uses.
May apply those who are holders of a Ph.D. in Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation, Landscape Ecology and related disciplines. We prefer candidates with a list of publications of recognized quality and with strong experience in spatial ecology, ecological modelling, macroecology, and with some experience with R statistical package. Opportunities exist to collaborate with field ecologists both in Azores (Prof. Paulo Borges Group ; http://cita.angra.uac.pt/biodiversidade/equipa/) and in the Museum Natural History in Madrid (Prof. Jorge Lobo Group). The initial appointments are for one year and a competitive stipend (1740 Euros per month), and continued funding is available for an additional 2 years provided satisfactory progress. The positions are available Autumn 2011 and candidate should be able to begin the fellowship by January 2012.
1. Individual applications must be submitted electronically, using the web application available at: http://www.azores.gov.pt/gra/sctr.
2. To apply candidates must register at the Sistema Científico e Tecnológico Regional, through the web site mentioned above.
3. In the application form the candidate must include a copy of the PhD. certificate or, in case of not having it, indicate the date of the degree, the title and the institution that conferred the degree.
4. Despite the above, the candidate must present an authenticated copy of the PhD. certificate by the time of the contracts signature.
5. The application forms which aren’t fully filled in are excluded automatically.
Contact Prof. Paulo A. V. Borges (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.